Snoring and Sleep Apnea: the Silent Killer of American Retirees
Snoring is a very common problem for American adults, affecting over 40 million men and women every night. While it’s a bothersome nuisance and maybe even a little hilarious, it can actually be dangerous. When a person snores, they are actually going without air for long periods of time. When a person goes without breathing several times per minute every night, they are often diagnosed with sleep apnea.
Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Closely Related
Snoring and sleep apnea then are directly related and are distinguishable from each other usually by only a degree of severity. The dangers of sleep apnea do not usually include death as a direct result, but can aggravate or create even worse medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, and heart attack.
Besides the very serious medical issues that come with sleep apnea, snoring causes people to get low-quality sleep at night, often waking up gasping for air, even if they are unaware of it. As a result of this sleep deprivation brought on by insufficient air, a person will often miss out on REM, or “rapid eye movement” sleep, where the body and mind undergo healing and regeneration, and also result in that rested feeling you get after 7 to 9 hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep.
Is CPAP the Best thing to Stop Snoring?
The solution that most people come across is the CPAP, or continuous positive airway pressure device, which when used is often the most efficaceous solution to snoring and sleep apnea. However, it comes with a heavy cost and commitment.
While a CPAP can rang in the thousands of dollars on top of the costs of doctor visits and insurance bills, what many people don’t realize is that CPAP has a variable rate of success of around 46% to 83% of all those treated with the device actually fail to use it the recommended >4 hours per night. Thus, it begs the question: “Is CPAP the best option for people who snore?”
The next common option is corrective surgery. There are literally at least 25 different surgical procedures for snoring and sleep apnea, but some of the most common are the uvulectomy, turbinate reduction, septoplasty, implants, and maxillomandibular advancement.
Most of these procedures can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic with only local anaesthesia and you will be released the same day. However, the success rate of these procedures deserves some scrutiny, as together they average less than 50% success in eliminating snoring and improving sleep apnea for patients.
If this information sounds disheartening, then you can be pleasantly surprised to know what Harvard doctor Lawrence Epstein has said about sleep apnea: “If we can get people to lose weight, it would make both sleep apnea and other health problems [such as heart disease] go away.”
The truth is, most Americans are overweight and many are technically obese. Over half of all American adults are considered overweight and over one third are rated as obese.
OTC Stop Snoring Mouthpieces: a Safe, Cheap Alternative to CPAP and Surgery
In addition to a little healthy weight loss, adding exercise to the weekly routine, and looking for ways to cut down on unhealthy food options, snorers can also invest a little time and research into stop snoring mouthpieces which are available OTC and still cleared by the FDA. These mouthpieces can work immediately and usually cost less than $100. Many of them come with risk-free trials so you can try before you buy, ultimately.
No matter what you do, please do something about your snoring problem or sleep apnea. In the long run, snoring may be a serious detriment to your health and longevity masquerading as an annoyance.
Good luck and here’s to many rested, sleepful nights.
Author adminPosted on June 29, 2019April 13, 2020Categories snoring and sleep apneaTags alternatives to cpap, corrective surgery for snoring, cpap, how to stop snoring, sleep apnea related health problems, sleep apnea solutions, snore, snoring, snoring related deaths, stop snoring mouthpieces
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Thanks For Visiting Our Site!
Best Place to Buy Gold and Silver Online
Stock Market Bulls or Bears? Who Cares?
Why Own Gold & Silver?
Ron Paul: Gold Bull Market is Here
Search for: Search
End of the Petro Dollar and US Dollar Dominance
- Wearing a Mask is not Good for You, but they Want You to Do It Anyway
- How to kill vicious biting bed bugs!
- Why You Should Not Get a Gold IRA from Regal Assets: My Review
- Why a Good Night Sleep is Worth its Weight in Gold
- Fed Plans to Pump $1 Trillion into System in 14 Days as 1 CEO Buys $90 Million in Gold & Silver
- Dow Jones Loses 800 Points, Banks Pay You to Get a Loan, US Auto Sales Being Hidden
- Bed Bugs: What Are They, Where They Hide, and How to Get Rid of Them
- The Greatest Depression is Already Here, Says Trends Forecaster Gerald Celente
- Gold Breaks Important $1500 Level, Silver follows as World Central Banks Print More Money
- Dow Jones Drops 767 Points in Worst Day of 2019! – Protect Your 401k/IRA While You Still Can
- How Baby Boomers Are Using CBD to Treat Sleep Disorders
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea: the Silent Killer of American Retirees
The U.S. and Europe have historically manipulated the price of gold through increasing margin requirements and concerted gold lease programs at crucial times to maintain the hegemony of the US dollar and the Euro, but with rising federal deficits in the West we are seeing the dollar exit stage left as the world reserve currency.
We Are in the Biggest Bubble in History
Predictions & Recommendations for Investors
- After Belgium and Netherlands Recall their Gold, Switzerland Ponders Gold Repatriation
- Daily Gold Spot Price and the Historical Price of Gold over Time
- Hartford Gold Group Review
- How a Gold IRA Could Save Your Retirement from the Coming Recession
- APMEX Review
- How to Invest in Gold the Smart Way: Gold ETFs, Gold IRAs and Gold Mining Company Shares, Bullion & Coins
- Rosland Capital Reviews
- Top Rated 5-Star Gold IRA and 401K Rollover Company Reviews
- What are the Only Approved Assets and Precious Metals, Coins and Bullion in a Gold IRA?
- How to Rollover Your IRA or 401K
- Review of the JPMorgan SmartRetirement® Income Fund
- Sterling Trust Company
- The Truth About the Federal Reserve: My Personal Review (Audit) of the Fed
- Turning Green Into Gold: Former Fed Chairman Greenspan Makes a Strong Case for Gold in the Near Future